Friday, October 12, 2012

The Vice-Presidential Debate


SEE HERE I was at a C.S. Lewis Society meeting and then driving home I missed the Vice-Presidential debate in real time.  But I TiVo'd it and settled in to listen when I got home.  What I got for my trouble was an awful lot of Joe Biden interrupting Paul Ryan, smirking at the camera, loudly claiming that everything Ryan said was a lie and demonstrating that the only reality he believed in, if then, was one he seemed at times to be making up at the moment.  It was a big yawn.  Ryan for his part didn't quite live up to the pre-debate hype.  But at least he was not rude, crude, or uninformed.  He came across to me as the one vastly more informed and more thoughtful.  Biden liked to seed his remarks with reminders that he's the vice-president and has sat in on meetings etc.  That's fine of course, but it didn't really convey what he intended at least to me.  It didn't make him seem more informed.  If anything it made the point that this administration is largely rudderless.  I'm glad there is not going to be another VP debate.  I don't think I could stand that much Joe Biden face time. PATRIOT POST CHIMES IN

No comments:

Post a Comment