Before you have a heart attack that a dead man is blogging, my name is Steve Schneider. I don't fancy myself a great writer or thinker, but I've hijacked my Dad's blog. He doesn't need it anymore.
The current insanity, as my father would put it, relates to all things Liberal. Anything goes, so they say. Let's have a look at this yard sign. Its trendy now to announce your delusion to the world these days. There are a few of these posted around my neighborhood and I have some thoughts on each line.
- Love is Love
- Of course love is love. Oh how witty. Dogs are dogs and cats are cats. What this is really saying is that Lust is Love; which it is NOT. It is a euphemism that says homosexuality is OK and we should all embrace it; which we shouldn't. This boils down to disordered inclinations. The inclinations themselves are not sinful, but acting on them is. What we shouldn't do is encourage them and accept them as normal. How far should it be allowed. Pedophilia, is that a "sexual orientation" now? After all, love is love.
- Science is Real
- Another witticism. Whoever made these signs must be very proud of themselves thinking we are all awed by their wit. Science is real. Why yes it is, but so is God and the two are not at odds, but that is what this sign so subtly suggests. We should reject God because science says so. I don't think so. We accept baseless assertions because some scientist says so. I don't think so. Covid masks anyone? Assume everyone has it? It's madness. There isn't much science going around these days. What ever happened to empirical data and testing. We're inundated with "studies" that don't amount to much more than opinion surveys.
- Black Lives Matter
- All lives matter. Take off your race colored glasses.
- We Are All Immigrants
- No doubt this line should instill shame in anyone who supports enforcing the borders of our country. Just what do you think you get once your countries borders are blurred or removed? For one thing, you no longer have a country. Are we to believe that by having a country we are perpetrating injustice? Nonsense. If you want to come to America, do it because you want to be American. Assimilate, learn the language, and thrive.
- Feminism is for Everyone
- Why is feminism for everyone? Because someone convinced some women that men were oppressing them? Now that so many the women are working, paying taxes, engaging is "love is love", getting divorces, getting remarried, proud single mother's persevering without the need for a man... What's next? Chesterton called it Free Love in The Superstition of Divorce. A mockery has been made of the marriage vow. Indifference abounds.
- Kindness is Everything
- Finally, my favorite. "Be Kind"
- I don't believe that most people are unkind. What the sign is suggesting is that you should keep your mouth shut. My father said being kind is bad council when things are important. He wasn't saying that we shouldn't be kind, but he was saying it is more important to be Good and that means turning to God. It's important to tell people the truth and correct them when they are wrong. Chesterton once said “Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions.” Accepting all this insanity in the name of tolerance is not a virtue and just makes you look like you have no principles. Of course, being offended is the result of someone's "unkindness" (the audacity of telling the truth) and looking for ways to be offended, as my father said, just diminishes you as a person.