Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Religious Liberty Just Like Civil Liberty Endangered

SEE HERE Hitler?  Far-fetched?  I suppose you might think so.  I'm sure the German people didn't think Hitler was a great threat when he came to power.  He was going to save the Fatherland and they thought they needed a strong leader.  Hitler was a powerful speaker and didn't need a teleprompter.  C.S. Lewis once commented that even if you didn't know the language you were moved by Hitler's speeches.  I went to a movie once that featured footage from Hitler's Germany with many of his speeches and I can vouch for what Lewis said.  Luckily our own fearless leader isn't nearly as persuasive, but he is clearly as dangerous.  Freedom is lost on chip at a time.  Chip a little here, compromise a little there, chip a little more and pretty soon you are shackled and a slave of the state.  We've had a lot of years of chipping all through my lifetime.  I can feel the shackles snapping shut, CLACK.

No comments:

Post a Comment