Friday, May 8, 2009

Flushing the Constitution Down the Drain

Thomas Sowell is one of the brightest folks that I read on a regular basis. One of the things I like about him is that he doesn't mince words. He calls'em the way he sees'em and he has Barack Obama in his sights. CHECK IT OUT
The theme: (as Sowell points it out, has been with us a long time. But it's accelerating. You can kiss your freedom behind if this goes on.)
They called this "a living Constitution." It has in fact been a dying Constitution, as its restraining provisions have been "interpreted" to mean less and less so that the federal government can do more and more.
The biggest problem is we're like those proverbial frogs that just sit fat and happy in the frying pan as the water gets hotter until we're cooked. I'm sure you'll be happy to learn, by the way, that that's another urban legend. Frogs are not that stupid. They do hop out of the frying pan. I wish I thought we were that smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment