Monday, May 4, 2009

Lost Opportunities ... A Great Man

Go into the eternal quiet in peace. I probably liked Jack Kemp more than almost any other politician I can remember. I liked him because he was a good man who followed both his mind and his heart.

I liked Ronald Reagan well enough, but I was passionate about liking Jack Kemp. I saw a mean minded obit-commentary about Jack that I think was exactly wrong. It took him to task on the Laffer curve and supply side economics and praised him for his support for inner city enterprise zones. I think that was wrong. I think he was right on both issues.

Jack Kemp died of cancer and now Arlen Spector is making political hay about it. LOOK HERE Now that is both ridiculous and shameful. Cancer has defeated most of the attempts to cure it. Spector's speculations are just that. Spector didn't agree with Kemp all that much to begin with so he ought to keep his trap shut.

The nation lost a great man and when he wasn't nominated to run for president they lost a great opportunity. Now Jack is with one of my other heros who was also named Jack (C.S. Lewis). I expect they'll get along quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment