Sunday, August 28, 2011

Is the Hidden Agenda to Destroy Small Community Banks?

SEE HERE Zero interest rates? On the whole I'm mystified by the whole economic picture. How is this supposed to work? We need at least a simple up front explanation. FED SITE I used to know how the system worked. I remember studying it at one time, but not too thoroughly so before attacking it too much I'd like to understand it better. In general my overview assessment is that it has failed to preserve the value of the currency and I view this as a serious failure. What I don't know is how the system ought to change. I'd be curious to know what the most successful systems of handing money and preserving the value have been. Meanwhile, I'm just adding learning more about the Fed to my evergrowing "to do" list. HERE'S A FUN SITE ON TOPIC
MILTON FRIEDMAN 1 explaining the Fed. MILTON FRIEDMAN ON THE DANGERS concluding with his preference to abolish the Fed. The point is that the stability of the monetary system should not depend on the person in charge. But what works better?

No comments:

Post a Comment