Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Apparently the Nutrition Scam Professionals Don't Like Competition

SEE HERE I take this one a little personally.  My wife has been exploring the Paleo diet for reasons other than diabetic and she's very impressed with her results.  I don't know if this guy was charging anything, but it seems to me that personal testimony regarding one's personal experience and how it might generalize to others is entirely within free speech guidelines.  If I found a diet that I thought was effective in controlling diabetes why should these pseudo scientists that call themselves nutritionists have the right to keep me from telling others?  There may be some other issues.  I'm generally against all these certifications and in favor of complete openness. 

Robert Heinlein advocated somewhere the idea that anyone who wanted to should be able to practice medicine as long as they put up their credentials in a prominent place.  If they had no credentials they would be required to post "Licensed Quack" signs.  I'm in favor of that.  My experience suggests that the whole scientific profession is addicted to making claims that exceed the support they have in the form of experiment and understanding.  Moreover certification requirements limit the free exploration that leads to new knowledge.  There are obviously safety concerns especially where dangerous materials are involved so this isn't an appeal to complete freedom of exploration.  But we should have a lot more freedom than we actually have.

No comments:

Post a Comment