Monday, August 15, 2011

The Cost of Government? Did You Realize?

SEE HERE I used to enjoy the joke, "Be thankful you don't get as much government as you pay for." But I'm beginning to feel more like I'm being strangled by government in an insidious creeping way. People rarely realize the total cost of government so it's sobering to realize that government is consuming fully 61.37% of the nation's income. When I complain that government is too big, people often think I'm exaggerating, but to have to work 224 days out of the year to pay the total cost of government is simply outrageous. Moreover it has been accelerating in recent years both in cost, intrusiveness, and burden on the free part of the economy. If something isn't done soon we'll all just be slaves of the government. We might not notice since by then we'll have been propagandized, anesthetized and brainwashed into thinking it is all just so good for us. "Big Brother has arrived."

No comments:

Post a Comment