Wednesday, April 15, 2009

T.E.A. Party Day

Well I have to say that I was surprised. Only yesterday did the T.E.A. Party thing gel here in Harrisonburg, Virginia, at least that's when I finally saw an announcement that there was going to be a gathering down at Court Square all day from about 10 a.m. or thereabouts to 6 p.m.

I had to work so I didn't get a chance to go and check until after my last class which ended at around 2 p.m. and then I had to do some marking. But along about 3:30 p.m. in the rain I drove downtown to see what I could see. I was not expecting too much since generally the rain drives folks off the streets. I was surprised. There were 75 or so hard core folks with signs and umbrellas and all the cars coming by were tooting their horns and waving encouragement. I have to say I was encouraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment