Friday, November 25, 2011

So Are You Ready?

SEE HERE People are worried. I've been kicking around now for almost seventy years and I can't remember the time when people were so worried about the economy. They are not just worried about a turn down, or a recession, they are worried about total economic collapse and the failure of basic civilization. Is that over the top? I don't know frankly. I would have thought it was totally crazy just a year or two ago, but panic is fostered by large numbers of people being pessimistic. If enough people are scared the fear itself becomes a causal factor. I'm going to say that I think it unlikely that things will go so far as to cause this level of problem, but who can be sure? I think what is likely to happen is that saner people will put the brakes on. But stupidity seems to be contagious sometimes. So who can really tell? It's prudent to put something aside. I bought some rice and beans figuring that if I can handle a few weeks likely things will at least get a little organized. Food, water, and ammunition is what one fellow I know suggested. It's scary that people are even thinking this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment