Friday, September 14, 2012

Check Out The Motley Fool

SEE HERE I'm no investment expert, but I am informed about economics and investment. It's essential to prepare for the future and there is hardly any better way to prepare than to start investing. It's a lot easier to do that today than it was when I got started. I mostly learned to invest through an investment club I joined in the work place and I bought small positions in stocks and mutual funds.

The real key is to do it. One strategy is to put a fixed sum away regularly and invest it conservatively at first since taking risks exposes you to more loss. I learned a lot from Value Line Nowadays there are many sources on-line for investment advice as well as organizations you can join like AAII The American Association of Individual Investors. They publish a journal that is very informative. Look into ETFs (Exchange Traded Funds) a really cool, fairly new investment tool that is especially nice for the small investor since it bundles indexes or investment sectors and trades them like securities. It opens up a whole new dimension for small investors. But always get informed. I'm no expert, just someone who's done the best I can over the years to save for retirement because you can never be sure if the government social security is really going to be there and besides it was never intended to be a complete retirement program.

No comments:

Post a Comment