Monday, June 22, 2009

Voices from the Streets

Brad Archer is a group manager who works in construction management. Like many Americans, he's been watching what has been going on in our newly elected government with dismay. How far we have come in a few short months, from dealing with an economic crisis brought on by irresponsible lending and speculation to an abrogation of our founder's principles as the Obama administration seems hell-bent to make the situation worse and seize more and more economic power. You can find what Brad wrote HERE
Here's just a taste:
The more I read about the freedoms that the founding fathers had given me, I begin to realize how many freedoms I have either lost or have never been bestowed upon my generation. I see more and more of these freedoms eroding away. I agreed to write a paper regarding these lost freedoms, but as I was formatting this paper, I realized that there are so many examples, it is hard to decide where to begin.

Where to begin? That is a fundamental question. One might want to adopt the Oxford method that I heard explained one time by: "Begin at the beginning, and then go right through to the end, and then stop."
Archer quotes Stanislav Mishin, a Russian writing for Pravda who says of the United States that capitalism is gone with a whimper, that we have dumbed down the population through a politicized and substandard education system that is based on pop culture, rather than the classics and we have destroyed our faith in God, and ...
Finally, Mishin says the final act in this collapse is the election of Barack Obama. Mishin states “His spending and money printing has been a record setting, not just in America’s short history, but in the world. If he keeps this up for more than another year, and there is no sign that it will not, America at best will resemble the Weimar Republic and at worst, Zimbabwe”.
Remember that Freedom isn't Free!

No comments:

Post a Comment