Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Importance of Character: Those Who Lie about others Don't Have Any!

Generally I don't pay a whole lot of attention to what Rush Limbaugh is doing. I like Rush and I think he's a very intelligent commentator on the passing scene. Still, I can't let this go by without comment. SEE HERE When I did listen to Rush because I was driving while his show was on, I often enjoyed his blend of commentary and satire. He was alert and funny and incisive. I don't recall ever hearing him make a racist comment in hours and hours of listening. So the idea that Limbaugh is a racist simply startled me when I ran across it in RedState today.

I'd be tempted to go on a major rant on the tendency of the liberal mind to prefer slander to logical discourse. Name calling and just plain lying is a standard arrow in the liberal quiver. They do it seemingly as a genetic imperative. Their favorite "N-word" is "Nazi" and they apply it liberally to everyone who is right of Joseph Stalin. In political campaigns they complain about negative advertising when a conservative calls them on policy issues and they retort by accusing the conservative of lying and fail to address the actual issues raised. This is currently going on in Virginia's gubernatorial race in the political ads of Deeds against McDonnell. I'm hoping the electorate is starting to get it. "The guy who is lying is the one accusing others of lying all the time ... " Listen to what they say, but watch what they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment