Thursday, June 28, 2012

Gas Prices and all that ...

SEE HERE for a few ideas about how to handle runaway gas prices.  This link was sent to me by Madoline Hatter from Autoinsurancequotes.org who says they write about gas saving tips.  I wonder why she thinks Political Brambles is interested since mostly I just do rants about things that get my dander up either positively or negatively.  But her post made me think about the see-saw gas prices we've been seeing lately.  


Right around the corner from me the gas prices have been up to around $3.49 and down to something like $2.79 just in the past couple of weeks and the differentials between gas here and gas 40 miles North has been 40 to 50 cents.  So what is that about?  If gas prices continue so erratic we will have to think about ways to control the costs and some of these ideas are at least worth thinking about.


I had seen some expectations of over $4.00 per gallon possibly raising to $5.00 a gallon and if that doesn't send shudders down your back then you don't understand.  Energy is a fundamental factor of the production of just about everything.  That tends to mean it is an early warning indicator of significant inflation.  So if gas prices continue to rise everything else will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment