Tuesday, June 30, 2015

A Strong Dose Of Reality While Perversion Is Being Celebrated


SEE HERE Frankly I didn't know all this so I'm a bit dismayed at how poorly our history is taught.  This article focuses on realities of the Civil War that are rarely acknowledged and central to those realities is that the war really was, as the Southerners say, "The War of Northern Aggression."  Since moving to Virginia I've often used that phrase with a certain tone of amusement but over the years I've come to realize how deeply true it was.  It was Lincoln's war and it was not about slavery at all.  It was about Lincoln's hubris I think.  But whatever the reality it certainly was not about the good and virtuous North correcting the sins of the evil and vile South.  If we want to look at virtue in the abstract I think the South has more points by far than the North.

No comments:

Post a Comment