Saturday, March 27, 2010

An Eyewitness Account from a Tea Party Person Who Was Up Close and Personal

What's the deal? I think it is that Congressmen on the Left think it is all about them and they're delusional. (The following is a personal eye witness account from a friend of a friend who was there)


Last Saturday we stood on the steps of the House office building, demonstrating against the government take over of our health care. We were a pretty intimidating group, 64 year old me with the surgery wound on my neck still showing, my threatening gray haired bride, and our secret weapon, an 80 year old school teacher. Yes, you had to be very brave to face the likes of us. A few Congressmen and women did. They were are greeted with “kill the bill.” The Congressmen would smile, give a thumbs-up and we would cheer.

Then several Congressmen, staffers, and a Capitol police woman came from the Capitol headed up our steps. A Congressman is a Congressman, so we started chanting, “kill the bill, kill the bill” (our throats are too old to keep up a continuous chant). No thumbs up, so we chant louder. Then one goes over to say something to a demonstrator on the side of the steps. The Capitol police woman looks confused. It is too noisy to carry on a conversation. The Congressman turns around and goes in. Everyone stops chanting (save your throats, it will be long day). Then the Congressman comes back out with a Capitol policeman (the police woman was not big enough?). The Congressman meanders around as we start up another “kill the bill chant”. Simple message, I am a simple person.

That night I hear that some member of the Black Congressional Caucus claims to have been called the “N word” and spit on. Seems it was the wandering Congressman that we encountered on the steps. Now, I was on the steps, and I cannot say that anyone called him a NAZI, nitwit, numskull, or any other word starting with “n” (narcissist?). Partly because it was so loud you could only hear “kill the bill”. And spit-on, there were Capitol police with big black guns (some even those fully automatic assault rifles that people cannot be trusted with) all over. Any assault, and spitting is a form of assault (I think-but I am no lawyer), would have been addressed by the watching police.

So, what am I to think of a Congressman who says that which did not happen, happened? I have two choices, he is delusional, imagining events that occur only in his dreams. Or, he is a liar. You pick which is worse, I can’t decide.

Just what I saw, up close and personal.

No comments:

Post a Comment