Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sobering Perspective Fiat Currency and Stocks: Gold Rules


Peter Navarro is one of my favorite commentators on investing. I got interested in Navarro when I listened to his course: Big Picture Investing. I enjoyed the course so much that I bought copies of all of Navarro's books and signed up for his newsletter. I really like him because he is data driven, which is techie talk for someone who practices his discipline scientifically. He doesn't just push the latest mantra. What's interesting here is that Gold (using the ETF GLD) has out performed almost everything. That's a little surprising to me since gold is after all just a commodity. It is the inflation hedge of choice of course. In these difficult economic times maybe we should all own a little gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment