Monday, May 9, 2011

Bulls and Bears In Tension

SEE HERE Speculation over the drawdown in the commodities market has Bears expecting more and Bulls expecting the market to continue upward. Who's right? Hard to say. The Bears think the market is oversold and near a top I suppose while the Bulls think that it's not. Sort of the definition of Bears and Bulls right? I don't know. The increasing margin calls froze out folks that didn't want to pony up the extra money and so took their profits (presumably they were profits since the market had been going up). I'm a long term trader mostly because I don't have time to fool with the market every day. Moreover I don't see reasons to think that money is the place to have my assets because there's too much of it so if inflation is going to come you might as well hold something with intrinsic value. The money isn't going to get to be worth more. My advice (warning: What do I know? Not much!) is to buy something intrinsically valuable and then when the little green pieces of paper are not worth much anymore at least you'll have the valuable thing you bought. Now the big problem is what to buy? Tough call. Coca Cola always seems what Warren Buffett falls back on. I guess he figures that nothing will get between an American and his Coke!

No comments:

Post a Comment