Wednesday, April 14, 2010

John Stossel on Taxes ... You Know, Tomorrow!

SEE HERE The bottom line is that taxes are too complicated, way too complicated. I have a tax accountant because, frankly Ph.D. or not, I don't have the time or the predilection to figure out all the maze of complexities that make up my tax picture and it seems to get more complicated every year. Just to give you an idea the pdf of my taxes this year ran to over 50 pages and I don't make very much money and am certainly not a fat cat. I'm a sort of middle of the road college professor at a small liberal arts college. I'm not poor but I'm sure not rich. I'd make is middle middle class but I think that might even be an exaggeration. My wife doesn't work so how does that grow into a 50 page and more tax return. I'm clueless ... I don't understand most of the accounting involved. If my tax return is complex what must it be for someone who actually makes a lot of money?

No comments:

Post a Comment