Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Red State Concern


SEE HERE I'm a fan of straight talking and Sarah Palin is a straight talker. Erick Erickson of RedState is a straight talker too so far as I can tell. He expresses concern here for the Tea Party gala in Nashville where Sarah Palin is set to speak. Now I don't know squat about how these Tea Party affairs are funded or organized. The Tea Party crowd I've personally run into have all been private citizens that are fed-up. So I can't say whether Erickson is on the right track or not. Only time will tell. I do know that some of the Tea Party crowd from my area are going to be there and I expect I'll get a report on how it went. The Tea Party probably shouldn't become a third party, especially not just another personality driven party. We have too much of that kind of politics. But they could become a force for pushing the principles of the founding fathers to the forefront. That I can support. Sarah Palin is the kind of straight talking, common sense person who could help make that happen. I share some of Erickson's concern, but we'll have to wait and see if it is warranted.

No comments:

Post a Comment