The first point is that rights only apply to man. The reason for that is that a right is a moral concept and only man is a moral actor. Animals only have rights because human beings have duties which extend to animals. I'll have to dig around to see if I can find good, sound material to use to explain what I mean. Most of the rights I hear about are not rights at all but desires disguised as rights.
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Rights
The first point is that rights only apply to man. The reason for that is that a right is a moral concept and only man is a moral actor. Animals only have rights because human beings have duties which extend to animals. I'll have to dig around to see if I can find good, sound material to use to explain what I mean. Most of the rights I hear about are not rights at all but desires disguised as rights.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment