Thursday, June 17, 2010

Haters: The People Who Demonize Everyone Are the Demon-crats

SEE HERE Do leftists say the darnedest things or merely the most hateful things? I've been watching what passes for politics in the United States for a long time probably beginning with the first Eisenhower run when I was just a kid and we'd only had our first black and white TV for a while.
So I've watched this tendency of Democrats to simply slander people regardless of who they are or what they think just so long as they are the opposition. I think it points up the character of Democrats. People of character assume the best of others. People who are Democrats I've found operate in the opposite fashion, assuming the worst of others. It's one thing when you have a track record, but Democrats don't like a track record, too easy then to counter their specious arguments.
Bush is rapidly becoming the most vilified president of all time. His fate reminds me of Herbert Hoover who was vilified by the Roosevelt administration for all kinds of things he didn't do. The mantra "Bush did it" is getting mighty old however.
The last civilized Democrat that I remember was Adlai Stevenson. If there were any others I'm not sure I noticed. Kennedy was a philanderer. Johnson was a crook who had others take the fall for him. Carter was the previous worst president of my lifetime destroying the economy in essence robbing the elderly of their retirement. I would run into them working at the airports in menial capacities to earn a few bucks because their retirement programs no longer were enough to pay their bills. Clinton was a lower class version of Kennedy. He was also a philanderer but without any style. Now we have Obama who will soon pass Carter as the worst president in my lifetime. Now I consider these all statements that are trivially easy to validate so don't say I'm name calling. If you disagree do your homework and show me I'm wrong.

I might add that I'm not claiming the Republicans were great or didn't have some flaws. But it is more difficult to see because they had their presidencies in the presence of the continual drum beat of slander and misrepresentation from the press and the Democrats.

If I were a Democrat, which I can never be after their abandonment of the Vietnamese on the battlefield after the North violated the treaty, I'd say something like "well you do the same thing." My reaction to this is disgust because, first off, it's a fallacy not an argument, second, it not only isn't true, but is easily demonstrated not to be true. What is true is that Republicans have criticized Democrat presidents on many occasions. But they've worked with them, often advancing ideological agendas that they don't agree with. The opposition has never done this. They make sweet talk about bipartisanship while sharpening the knife they're going to stick in your back as soon as you show the least signs of believing them. It cost the first George Bush a second term. It cost Ronald Reagan his reputation as a fiscal conservative. But enough. The indictment is that Democrats cannot be trusted. The record that demonstrates this is long and convincing. When are we going to stop pretending and start insisting on principled government by people who have integrity?

No comments:

Post a Comment