Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Erosion of Freedom ... the Road to Serfdom

SEE HERE A lot of things have changed since I was a boy and I have to look hard to find ones that are really improvements. I carried a 3 inch Boy Scout knife in my pocket most of the time I was in grade school and high school and no-one thought anything of it. Today I'd be suspended. How dare I in a free nation carry a pocket knife? It wasn't anything too surprising to see a kid carrying a .22 rifle around when I was a kid. Today you'd be in trouble. Since the 1950's when I was a boy things have gone straight to hell. The money isn't worth anything any more and it gets worth less every day. The government which used to not be much on your back is looking to get into ever crease in you knickers. It's not a free country any more, at least not the way it was in the 1950's and the change is the every increasing government presence in every nook and cranny of your life. We turn it around and soon, or we go the way of Athens, Rome, the British Empire and these rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment