Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Gay Pushing Conservative Is A Contradiction In Terms

SEE HERE I suppose I ought to start by protesting the use of the word "gay" to describe homosexual persons. There is nothing gay about them. They are persons caught in a sinful obsession, an addiction, which like many sinful habits is likely hard to break. Those caught in that are to be pitied and helped if possible. In the case of male homosexuals it often leads to disease and an early death. What's to advocate in this? A Conservative, if the word means anything at all, is one who upholds the truth. The truth is that homosexuality is a perversion, a disordered act. It is condemned by the Natural Law and by the biblical teaching of the Judaeo-Christian tradition. The fact that it has become a trendy popular advocacy issue is simply to condemn the Zeitgeist. We live in degraded and degrading times. Sorry to have to say it, but it's the truth.

2 comments:

  1. I was sorry to see Ron and Rand Paul promoting CPAC after many authentically conservative groups pulled out. But I guess that demonstrates that they are more libertarian than conservative. There is something pernicious about claiming to be conservative and welcoming a "gay" activist group like GoProud into the fold. They do, after all, stand behind issues that directly attack life and the traditional family. Shame on the Pauls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. And when I saw the picture of Elton John, his male partner and new baby it made me sick. I had to turn the People Magazine in the store over (no shields) so my 9 year old would not look at it. I did not want to explain it to my child.

    ReplyDelete