Sunday, April 10, 2011

Coming Face to Face with Ultimate Realities

I confess that I'm hooked on Peter Kreeft. He writes very interesting and provocative books. He's also a Lewisian (C.S. Lewis) and a Chestertonian (G.K. Chesterton) and a Hobbit (J.R.R. Tolkien) like me. So we share a common universe. I've been reading his little book "Jesus Shock" for a spiritual book club that I'm in and I highly recommend it.

Most Christians are not involved enough in their Christianity. They take it for granted. They treat it more as a social club than an ontological commitment. Kreeft's book is a wake-up call. It is much more than that. It's about the ultimate reality that we all face. Who is our Lord and Master? We only have one chance to get it right and if we're not taking it seriously we're probably getting it wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment