Thursday, April 14, 2011

When Is Inflation Not Inflation?

SEE HERE Frankly the whole idea that I have to have the government tell me if there is any inflation is rather silly. I have a couple of infallible indicators like a) the price of a pound of bacon, and b) the cost to fill my tank at the gas station. That may be a narrow metric, but it's a pretty good indicator and if my food budget is going up it's not because I'm eating more or eating better. The government hinges a lot of things on the CPI and they have an ulterior motive for keeping the number down since it also keeps their expenses lower. It's all about the money stupid. And when it's about government, it's all about power and greed. When the NIC tells you he has your best interests at heart, make sure he doesn't have his hand on your wallet already. (NIC = Narcissist In Charge for those who came late to the party.)

No comments:

Post a Comment