Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A Critique From Thomas Sowell Of The Tea Party "Defund ObamaCare"

SEE HERE  I love Thomas Sowell and consider him one of the most brilliant minds among our pundits.  I'm sensitive therefore to any criticism he sends our way here on the Conservative wing of politics.  He applies Edmund Burke's criteria for action: "Preserving my principles unshaken, I reserve my activity for rational endeavours." to the Ted Cruz "Defund ObamaCare" attempt supported by the Heritage Foundation.  My sense of it is different from Sowell's and it may be because I think you have to tilt at windmills sometimes.  Failure isn't the worst thing.  The worst thing is to give up without trying.  So I don't really agree with Sowell on this one.  You have to rally the forces and mounting a charge, even one that fails, calibrates you for the fight ahead.  We need victories of course, but to achieve victory you have to know where you enemies lie and how to overcome them.  I think the fight to defund ObamaCare flushed up a whole lot of enemies.  Now they're called "targets."

No comments:

Post a Comment