Friday, July 10, 2009

Obama Nation: the Science Czar

"Monsters in our midst" is the phrase that passed through my mind as I read the ideas of Obama's new Science Czar, John Holdren. Thinking the unthinkable seems pretty common in Obama land. This guy wrote some horrendous stuff in his book EcoScience, naturally enough co-authored with that other stirling saint of the nutso environmental movement, Paul Ehrlich. CHECK IT OUT

The truth is that a whole lot of nuts were running around in that timeframe when the Population Bomb was being taken seriously. The Club of Rome was also running around predicting the iminent end of the world as we starved to death, ran out of oil, food, you name it. We were all dead in 1985, didn't you notice?

Fruits and nuts like these are getting to be the staples of the Obama Nation. I suppose they are the old guard of the neo-Malthusian, neo-Marxist, doomsday prophets that were pontificating in the 1970's. Now this character is the Science Czar. Makes me feel secure I can tell you. If you could believe that kind of sheer phantasy 30 years ago, have you become sane since? Don't know! I rather doubt it. Obama by surrounding himself with people who will tell him what he already knows is the truth, the phantasies of his youth is not doing himself a service. Give me counselors from all sides of an issue, not the ideologues that parrot what I already believe. I want to be challenged not applauded. But Obama is a narcissist not unlike Clinton or Carter before him. He wants applause for his teleprompter expertise and scripted perfection. Off script he's a good deal more inarticulate. I suspect that that's because he's never really had an original idea. So when he surrounds himself with extreme ideologues I think we have a problem. Tyranny Rising!

No comments:

Post a Comment