Friday, October 14, 2011

The Government Is More a Nuisance Than a Help

SEE HERE I'm not sure where we got the idea that government should interfere in every dimension of our lives.  It certainly wasn't that way when I was a boy back in the 1950s although we had our own examples of intrusive government.  But by today's standards they were not even on the radar screen.  Somewhere between then and now we got it into our head that government could solve all our problems.  The reality is generally that every time the government "solves" a problem they create several new ones and our freedom pays a price.  We are well on the road to having little freedom left at least by the traditional standards of America.  I'm personally sick of it.  I'm constantly being told what I can't do by government whether it's plant trees or build sheds or how big my trash cans have to be or what I can eat or what I can't eat and whether I have to get some fool vaccination that the government has decided will help a drug company.  Maybe they should just butt out.

No comments:

Post a Comment