Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Random Thoughts from Thomas Sowell

SEE HERE Thomas Sowell is always worth listening to.  He's thoughtful and cogent and cuts to the core of things.  Here is a set of random thoughts, any of which could be expanded into an essay.  One off the wall one is:
I hate getting bills that show a zero balance. If I don't owe anything, why bother me with a bill? There is too much junk mail already.

And that resonates with me since I have a couple of credit cards that are always doing that and I wonder why waste the postage.  It's almost as bad as sending me blank checks in the hopes that I'll borrow money from the credit card company that sent them.  Not likely!

One of my pet gripes is getting phony surveys from folks that are really fund raising letters.  They really care what I think.  I'm inclined to fill them out without checking the little fund raising boxes and send them back in their postage paid envelopes.  The whole system has serious flaws.  Thomas Sowell sees most of them more clearly than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment