Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Is This True?: If So It's Chilling ...

SEE HERE This story claims that Obama is preparing for Civil War in the United States and turning the U.S. military against the civilian population. While I am no particular fan of Obama, this story is pretty chilling and if it is true it smacks of a manufactured crisis to seize total power. SEE HERE for Russian economics professor's speculation. SEE HERE for another supporting story. Back in March the Canada Free Press SEE HERE was suggesting the possibility that Obama and the Congress were intentionally working to foment a civil war. I thought that was over the top then and I still think it is over the top. I think they just drink their own koolaid. Still the result could be the same. What about the prospect of a civil war?

Is this true? Well I don't know. I find it bizarre to even have to make such a call. My own thought is that it's likely overdrawn. The United States military is sworn to uphold the constitution of the United States, so to get them to direct hostilities against the American people would take some doing. It seems unlikely that Barack Obama will have the support to accomplish anything like is suggested in these articles. But in the spirit of vigilance it is important to consider all the possibilities.

I read an interesting factual article by the science fiction writer Robert Heinlein who was a naval officer trained at the United States Naval Academy like my father which pointed out that the military makes plans for all kinds of unlikely eventualities based not on probability but on capability. For example, it is highly improbably that Canada would attack the United States, but what if it did? What would we do? It is the military's obligation to assess capabilities and to determine the proper response even on the unlikely scenarios. I thought that was an interesting and correct perspective then. It may well be that that sort of thinking underlies these stories. But of course I don't know. "Be prepared!" is always a good counsel, not just for boy scouts. Is this probable? I don't think so, but it does depend in part on the consequences of the administration's actions such as devaluing the currency and attempting to impose unconstitutional measures on the states which could lead to tenth amendment actions. I personally don't believe Barack Obama has the credibility to generate this kind of action. But one never knows.

While I was surfing around trying to do some research on this I came ACROSS THIS which is a website on the same kind of theme. Judging from the folks it cites I think it is well to the left of me which is interesting and yet it ran the theme picture I put on this article. Go figure?

No comments:

Post a Comment