Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A Witch for Teddy Kennedy's Seat

SEE HERE I remember this case as if it was yesterday. I remember the television coverage and I remember a copy cat case where we were living in Minnesota which thankfully didn't go to the extent that this one did. These poor people whose greatest sin was running a day care center were accused of all kinds of evil on the basis of trumped up evidence created by child therapists and suggestion. This was an outrage. Perhaps worse was the fact that they remained languishing in jail long after any sensible person knew with a deep conviction that they were innocent.

This is where liberalism goes, to witch hunts and victimization of the innocent. More than any other reason these kind of cases are why I can never be a liberal. (I should say that by this I mean a modern day liberal not the 19th century liberal, what some call a "classical liberal") As a scientist I believe first and foremost in evidence. In this case there was no evidence at all except the elicited testimony of small children brainwashed by therapists. Other children with a better grasp on reality denied all the charges. It was a case of sensationalism trumping common sense and authorities should never have let it go so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment