Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Gotta Give Redstate their Due: A Triple!

I get the RedState email every day along with a zillion other things that float in either because I'm signed up or because someone decides I just have to see this (whatever it happens to be) ... from the latest "send this on or you'll go to hell" to "isn't this just too cute for words." I usually click on a few of RedState's stories to see what's coming around. Today they had some I really enjoyed.

SEE HERE The first I'll mention is the "Religion of Government" — just in case you wondered why the left is so hard over on government this explains a lot. They derive meaning from government, it's their religion. Wow! And I always thought it was a tyrant and a damn unforgiving one at that. But just in case you thought they might have a point or be connected to reality in some way there was another story.

SEE HERE which is on how they have been wrong on just about everything related to health care. So the picture painted is rather surreal. We have a whole bunch of folks totally disconnected from reality who are running the show down in Washington spending money like they print it (oh they do print it), it does grow on trees, it's made out of trees. Why didn't I think of that? This is clearly a bunch that badly needs a wake up call, maybe at 2 in the morning from angry constiutents.

SEE HERE Just to finish off the picture we get a quote from Robert Heinlein (one of my favorite science fiction writers of all time and a Naval Academy graduate like my father) and a non-quote by Chesterton (but nowhere found in Chesterton's writing but it deserves to actually be quoted:
"When people stop believing in God, they don't believe in nothingthey believe in anything." If Chesterton didn't say it he should have.

But the point of the story is that the loony liberals running the Democratic party believe in some pretty strange stuff. I'm not sure why anyone would trust these folks to do anything and get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment