Saturday, August 21, 2010

Ann Coulter Screws Up Big Time

SEE HERE and HERE. I guess we'll have to start rethinking the notion that Ann Coulter is on our good guy list. This is just too strange. Let me start by saying that headlining a GOP gay event (does that even make sense) is an implicit endorsement whatever you say. It shows bad judgment at least.

Why do I say that? Gay behavior is, how do I say this delicately, "Sinful" ... "Disordered" and just plain wrong. That doesn't mean that one doesn't have sympathy and forgiveness for people who are caught up in a sinful obsession.

WND in publishing private emails went over the top a little too. But the motivation seems comparatively strong. Since Ann Coulter is a real pro at the vitriolic comment she's been pretty much cutting her own throat for while releasing the emails is somewhat questionable, dumping her from the conference was the right thing to do.

This whole thing is saddening as is apparently the Glenn Beck capitulation on the same issue. But then Glenn has fewer neurons than Ann so I'm much more disappointed in Ann. I'm one of those people who support people when I think they are right and don't support them when I think they are wrong. Both Ann Coulter and Glenn Beck have demonstrated a lot of moral relativism in dealing with the gay issue here recently. Conclusion: Ratchet up the scrutiny! They don't get a pass any more.

Too bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment