Monday, February 28, 2011

Science as Shill: The Crumbling Credibility of Scientists

SEE HERE I resent the global warming fiasco more than most people I guess. I resent it because of what it says about the morals, or lack thereof, of a lot of people claiming to be scientists these days. When I went through school and studied Physics there was a lot of talk about what a high calling it was to be a scientist. Data was presented as sacrosanct and instances of cherry picking your data to make your results look better were condemned and some pretty prominent scientists came up for a little criticism when their data looked a little too good to be true.

Global warming is simply full of all these things and it is or ought to be totally scandalous. What really burns me is that it doesn't seem to be getting that treatment and that says more than all the studies you could ask for. It says that too many scientists these days are for sale and cook the books to make their sponsors happy. I think that's just outrageous. Until scientists start standing up and condemning this kind of dishonesty we can expect to see public respect decline.

COVER-UP CONTINUES

No comments:

Post a Comment