Tuesday, February 22, 2011

What Is The Responsibility Of The Press?

SEE HERE So here we have a fellow in a Pakastani jail for killing a couple of persons he claims were trying to rob him. He's a U.S. citizen and the Washington Compost says he is a contractor working for the CIA. This revelation no doubt will make it harder for the guy to get out of Pakistan and it might well make it hard for him to get out alive. The question I have is why this is something the Post has to reveal? Do they have any responsibility in their reporting to consider the possible effects on others? I don't see why I needed to know this and if this guy ends up being offed I think we can confidently say that the Washington Post would be one of the reasons.

Don't get me wrong. I am interested in what the CIA is up to. I'm not the biggest fan of the CIA just because I don't think it gets nearly enough oversight. But I also recognize that just being suspected of being CIA related can get you killed in some places. So I'm sure the family is grateful that you idiots at the Post outed him. I think it could have waited.

No comments:

Post a Comment