Monday, February 21, 2011

This Ought To Be Interesting

SEE HERE Well if this happens I guess we'll get an objective measure of just how safe open carry on campuses is likely to be. I suppose it depends on how many lunatics are on campus. My father used to say that an armed society is a polite society. We always had guns all over the place and no-one ever abused them. My mom would find one every now and then years after my dad died. We grew up around guns and never really thought much about it. The modern world which has demonized what my dad used to say was "... among the simplest of machines" has created most of the fear out of whole cloth and ignorance. When I was a young man every high school had a rifle team. One of my girl friends had a hilarious picture of herself holding the biggest bull-.22 rifle you ever saw. It was bigger than she was. She knew how to shoot it too. My wife surprised me at a picnic one time where we were firing .38's by hitting the bulls eye the first time. Don't mess with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment