Thursday, July 18, 2013

Where Is The Outrage In The Black Community For Antonio West?

The message below is about violence perpetrated by blacks on whites, by no means an unusual occurrence.  The fact of the matter is that blacks commit a disproportionate percentage of all the crime in the country given that they are only 13.6% of the population yet commit over two thirds of the crimes.   SEE HERE

You won't recognize me. My name was Antonio West and I ...mother, who was also shot. A Grand Jury of my mommy's peers from Brunswick GA determined the teens who murdered me will not face the death penalty...too bad I was given a death sentence for being innocent and defenseless.

My family made the mistake of being white in a 73% non-white neighborhood, but my murder was not ruled a Hate Crime. Nor did President Obama take so much as a single moment to acknowledge my murder.

I am one of the youngest murder victims in our great Nation's history, but the media doesn't care to cover the story of my tragic demise, President Obama has no children who could possibly look like me - so he doesn't care and the media doesn't care because my story is not interesting enough to bring them ratings so they can sell commercial time slots.

There is not a white equivalent of Al Sharpton because if there was he would be declared racist, so there is no one rushing to Brunswick GA to demand justice for me. There is no White Panther party to put a bounty on the lives of those who murdered me. I have no voice, I have no representation and unlike those who shot me in the face while I sat innocently in my stroller - I no longer have my life.

So while you are seeking justice for Treyvon, please remember to seek justice for me too. Tell your friends about me, tell you families, get tee shirts with my face on them and make the world pay attention, just like you did for Treyvon.

was the 13-month old child who was shot at point blank range by two teens who were attempting to rob my mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment