Saturday, December 7, 2013

FlowerAid ... A Whole New Concept In Government Flower Delivery

Receptionist: Hello, Welcome to ObamaFlowers. My name is Trina. How can I help you?

Customer:  Hello.  I received an email from Professional Flowers stating that my flower order has been canceled and I should go to your exchange to reorder it. I tried your website, but it seems like it is not working, so I'm calling the 800 number.

Receptionist:  Yes, I am sorry about the website. It should be fixed by the end of November. But I can help you.

Customer:  Thanks. I ordered a "Spring Bouquet" for our anniversary and wanted it  delivered to my wife.

Receptionist:  (Interrupting) Sir, "Spring Bouquets" do not meet our  minimum standards. I will be happy to provide you with Red Roses.

Customer:  But I have always ordered "Spring Bouquets" & done it  for years; my wife likes them.

Receptionist:
Roses are better, sir; I am sure your wife will love them.

Customer: Well, how much are  they?

Receptionist: It depends sir; do you want our Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum package.

Customer: What's the difference?

Receptionist:
6, 12,18 or 24 Red Roses.

Customer:
The Silver package may be okay; how much is it?

Receptionist: It depends sir; what is your monthly income?

Customer: What does that have to do with anything?

Receptionist:
I need that to determine your government flower subsidy.   Then I can determine how much your out-of-pocket cost will be.   But if your income is below our minimums for a subsidy, then I can refer you to our FlowerAid department.

Customer:
FlowerAid?

Receptionist:
Yes, Flowers are a right.  Everyone has a right to flowers. So, if you can't afford them, then the government will supply them free of charge.

Customer:
Who said they were a right?

Receptionist: Congress passed it, the President signed it, and the Supreme Court found it constitutional.

Customer:
Whoa!  I don't remember seeing anything in the Constitution regarding flowers as a right.

Receptionist:
It is not really a “right' as in the Constitution, but ObamaFlowers is Constitutional  because the Supreme Court ruled it a "Tax" and Taxes are Constitutional. But we feel it is a right.

Customer:
I don't believe this.

Receptionist:
It's the law of the land sir. Now, we anticipated most people would go for the Silver Package, so what is you monthly income sir?

Customer:
Forget it. I think I will forgo the flowers this year.

Receptionist: In that case sir, I will still need your monthly income.

Customer: Why?

Receptionist: To determine what your 'non-participation' cost would be.

Customer:
WHAT?  You can't charge me for NOT buying flowers!

Receptionist:
It's the law of the land, sir, approved by the Supreme Court.  It's $9.50 or 1% of your monthly income.

Customer interrupting:
This is ridiculous; I'll pay the $9.50.

Receptionist: Sir, it is $9.50 or 1% of your monthly income, whichever is greater.

Customer:
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? What a rip-off!

Receptionist: Actually sir, it is a good deal. Next year, it will be 2%.

Customer: Look, I'm going to call my Congressman to find out what's going on here . This is ridiculous. I'm not going  to pay it.

Receptionist: Sorry to hear that sir.  That's why I had the NSA track this call and obtain the make and model of the cell phone you are using.

Customer: Why does the NSA need to know what kind of CELL PHONE I AM USING?

Receptionist:
So they can get your GPS coordinates sir.

(Door Bell rings, followed immediately by a loud knock on the door)

Receptionist:
That would be the IRS sir.  Thanks for calling ObamaFlowers.   Have a nice day, and may a Government-approved deity Bless America.


No comments:

Post a Comment