Wednesday, November 24, 2010

We Know Better Than You Do! — Where Does It End? And Since When?

SEE HERE How dare you feed your children a diet not mandated by the nanny state! Are you crazy? Don't you know that the government, especially in California, has decided that only weeds are nutritious, or is that only weed? Hmmm.... Growing up we used to say that California was the land of fruits and nuts and we didn't mean food. The other saying was as California goes, so goes the nation. This was especially true of food fads that migrated from West to East. Trust me, alfalfa sprouts started in California. I remember the first time those things were put on my salad and it was on a trip to visit Lockheed Burbank. I didn't know then that soon enough the government would decide that my diet was their business. Now it seems that they will soon think that I'm their business from cradle to grave. Somehow I don't think that was what the Founders had in mind. The least they can do if they want to give me all the bureaucratic help is give me the bureaucrat directly. I've always wanted a butler. Oh but that would mean the government serving me. Right now I think a more accurate description would be "enslaving" me. I think it's about time to get mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment