Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Facts Trump Delusions: Bush Didn't Do It, the Demon-crats Did!

SEE HERE Think about this:


Well, either the president misunderstood the point or he just hasn't been well informed. If you look at the 12 years when Republicans controlled the Congress, the average annual deficit was about $104 billion. I'm not proud of that number. That's too high. But in the three years that Democrats have controlled Congress, the average annual deficit is now $1.1 trillion. Do the math. What used to be an annual deficit under Republicans has become a monthly deficit under Democrats. And so when the president says, "I inherited a big deficit," I agree, but he inherited it from a Democratic Congress and only Congress can spend the money. That's the point I was making. Facts are facts, and maybe that's why he wasn't too happy with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment